Some light reading and an exfoliating mask.
#feminism #bellhooks #skincare #mask #Saturday shenanigans
Wake up! #Saturday #sleep #sleepingin #wakeup
- Her racist brownface V Magazine cover
- More brownface
- Posing with people in blackface
- Appropriating and sexualizing the sari
- Appropriating and sexualizing the burqa
- Appropriating the niqab, and wearing it together with a purse with the word “cunt” written on it
- Repeated appropriation and sexualization of kimonos
- She’s ableist and uses a wheelchair during her performances
- Using an antiziganist slur
- Promotion of unsafe binding techniques
- "King Kong Racism" in this photoshoot (explanation and analysis at the link)
- Refers to gay people as “the gays”
- Uses trans*phobic slurs: “I look at photos of myself, and I look like such a t****y!”
- When addressing media rumors that she’s trans*, she said, "I really am a lady! I’m not quite as outrageous as I look - underneath all this I am deeply moral and actually a really nice girl”. She insinuated that trans* women are not really women, and that they can’t be moral or nice people.
- Uses ableist slurs: "I’m a songwriter. I’ve written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a song and think I’m getting one over on everybody? That’s r****ded."
- More of her trans*phobia
- Use of slurs and pejoratives in her Born This Way lyrics: “no matter black, white, or beige/ chola or Orient-made”. Discussion and analysis in the link.
- Addressing the media firestorm over her weight gain: “Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?”
- Has a song entitled “G***y”
It’s starting to get scary in our neck of the woods!
Ladybug is so excited to start her new adventure in Portland!